Position Type: Associate Preschool Teacher
Date Posted: 5/13/2020
Date Available: 8/20/2020
Saint Mark’s School is an independent, Episcopal coeducational day school in Altadena, CA. Founded in 1960, the School serves the needs of approximately 300 Preschool through Grade Six students from diverse ethnic, racial, religious and economic backgrounds. The School’s mission is to develop the unique intellect
and character of each student in a nurturing environment committed to academic excellence, respect for diversity, responsibility, and spiritual growth.
• Applicants must meet the Title 22 requirement of a fully (12 core ECE units) or partially qualified teacher (6 core ECE units, taking continuing ECE courses to become a fully qualified teacher).
• Knowledge of early childhood development, developmentally appropriate practice, and classroom management and assessment
• Experience working in early childhood education
• Knowledge of Title 22 Licensing Regulations
• Ability to communicate effectively and work cooperatively with a variety of individuals and groups; exercise sound judgment
• Nurturing, positive, joyful, and flexible disposition; ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, high-stress environment; ability to work collaboratively with staff, administration, and families; ability to work with administration and faculty in planning, coordinating, and maintaining a supportive, meaningful, and responsive learning and play-based environment
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with staff, students, parents, and the community
• Possession of valid Pediatric CPR and First Aid Certificate
• Associate degree or higher in early childhood education or child development preferred with a desire for continuing education
• Job includes some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling; some climbing and balancing; some stooping, kneeling, crouching and/or crawling; hearing, speaking, observing and significant fine finger dexterity.
• Specific abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Generally, the job requires 15% sitting, 40% walking and 45% standing and the ability to lift or move up to 50 pounds. The job is performed under minimal temperature variations, a generally hazard free environment, and in a clean atmosphere.
Salary: As per pay scale
Submissions: Please email letter of interest and resume to Bailey Tripp at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Non-discrimination policy: Saint Mark’s School is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, the presence of mental, physical, or sensory disability, sexual orientation, or any other basis prohibited by federal or state law.
For Child Development Permit Information: http://www.ctc.ca.gov/credentials/creds/child-dev- permits.html
For Title 22 Licensing Regulations: http://www.dss.cahwnet.gov/ord/PG587.htm
Saint Mark’s School is an Equal Opportunity Employer