Saint Mark’s School is an independent, Episcopal coeducational day school in Altadena, California. Founded in 1960, the school serves the needs of approximately 300 Preschool through Sixth grade students from diverse ethnic, racial, religious, and economic backgrounds. The School’s mission is to develop the unique intellect and character of each student in a nurturing environment committed to academic excellence, respect for diversity, responsibility, and spiritual growth.
The primary function of the Campaign and Special Projects Manager for Saint Mark’s School is to provide comprehensive, day-to-day support for the capital campaign and special projects within the Advancement Office. The position is key to building and maintaining strong donor relations on behalf of the school and its senior leadership. Duties are varied and include managing correspondence, donor interactions, scheduling, coordinating logistics, and administrative duties. The Campaign and Special Projects Manager will be expected to work closely, efficiently and effectively with internal teams (advancement, administration, faculty and staff), leadership (Board of Trustees, Campaign Committee, Parents Association), school families, St. Mark’s Church leadership and staff, external organizations, and community groups. The Campaign and Special Projects Manager will be tasked with supporting the capital campaign among all donor constituents and with supporting donor cultivation and stewardship programs within the advancement department.
The Campaign and Special Projects Manager is a full-time, exempt position and reports directly to the Director of Advancement. The Manager is expected to support distance learning as assigned and may be asked to perform some duties remotely in order to comply with health and safety guidelines.
The Manager works closely with and provides support to the Director of Advancement in the following ways:
• Oversee gift processing and acknowledgment processes for campaign gifts and pledges
• Manage production of proposals, solicitation packets, and informational materials
• Prepare reports, agendas, and memoranda for volunteers, prospects, and donors
• Assist with the preparation, creation, and implementation of campaign-related communications
• Coordinate logistics for campaign events, including cultivation events, the campaign kickoff, and celebration
• Coordinate logistics for campaign meetings for staff and volunteers and attend as requested; track meeting notes, follow-up actions, and assignments
• Schedule cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship appointments for staff and volunteers
• Coordinate significant follow-up activities, including meetings, mailings, and correspondence
• Assure campaign information is accurately entered into the database on a timely basis
• Manage tracking system for pledge payments and reminders
• Coordinate with the Business Office to reconcile campaign and accounting records
• Manage the campaign calendar and budget
• Provide prospect research
• Support the alumni relations program, including updating alumni records, producing alumni communications, and coordinating social media outreach
• Collaborate with the Advancement Associate on ongoing maintenance of the
department’s database, and generate advancement reports, as needed
• Create and send regular alumni and grandparent newsletters and email communications
• Assist with identifying potential corporate and foundations funders, developing proposals, and coordinating the grant process from inquiry to stewardship
• Some weekend and late-night work will be required based on school activities
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in the liberal arts, business, or a related field
• Minimum of three years related work experience. Prior development or campaign experience preferred
• Excellent communication skills, including superior written and spoken communication
• Highly organized with a demonstrated ability to multitask and prioritize to deadlines
• Significant experience supporting senior administrators/executive leadership
• Exceptional at building and maintaining relationships
• High level of diplomacy and ability to maintain confidentiality and remain calm in stressful situations
• Positive, problem-solving attitude
• Knowledge of CRM software, Raiser’s Edge preferred
• Knowledge of email, spreadsheet, word processing and presentation software, and Google Drive
Physical Requirements: Generally, the job requires 70% sitting, 10% walking and 20% standing and the ability to lift or move 50 pounds. The job is performed under minimal temperature variations, a generally hazard-free environment and in a clean atmosphere.
Salary: As per pay scale
Benefits: A full benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision coverage and a TIAA/CREF retirement plan.
Submissions: Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and current resume to Adena Sale, Assistant to the Head of School at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Non-Discrimination Policy: Saint Mark’s School is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, the presence of mental, physical, or sensory disability, sexual orientation, or any other basis prohibited by federal or state law.