Saint Mark’s school is an independent, Episcopal coeducational day school in Altadena, California. Founded in 1960, the school serves the needs of approximately 300 Preschool through Sixth grade students from diverse ethnic, racial, religious and economic backgrounds. The School’s mission is to develop the unique intellect and character of each student in a nurturing environment committed to academic excellence, respect for diversity, responsibility, and spiritual growth.
The School is seeking a dynamic teacher intern to learn from and contribute to a vibrant school community. Primary responsibilities include assisting with teaching responsibilities, supervising lunch and recess, attending field trips, and assisting with before and after care needs.
Elementary Level Teacher Intern Full time; Non-exempt status
Date Posted: 5/11/2020
Date Available: 8/20/2020
- Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree or at a minimum, be currently enrolled in a bachelor’s degree program in an education related field with plans for continuing education to become a fully credentialed teacher (current transcripts required)
- Knowledge of child development, developmentally appropriate practices, and classroom management
- Experience working with school age children
- Ability to communicate effectively and work cooperatively with a variety of individuals and groups; exercise sound judgment; effectively support the teaching and learning in the classroom as directed by the lead teacher and administration and supervise children during unstructured time
- Exhibiting strong skills in cultural competency and a commitment to diversity and inclusivity
- Nurturing, positive, joyful, and flexible disposition; energetic; ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Child Development, Liberal Studies, or education-related field and experience preferred
- Possession of valid Pediatric CPR and First Aid Certificate preferred
Job includes some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling; some climbing and balancing; some stooping, kneeling, crouching and/or crawling; hearing, speaking, observing and significant fine finger dexterity. Specific abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Generally, the job requires 15% sitting, 40% walking and 45% standing and the ability to lift or move up to 50 pounds. The job is performed under minimal temperature variations, a generally hazard-free environment, and in a clean atmosphere.
Salary: As per pay scale
Benefits: A full benefits package includes medical, dental and vision coverage and a TIAA/CREF retirement plan.
Submissions: Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and current resume to Assistant Head of School, Kelly Mancuso at Kellym@saint-marks.org.
Non-Discrimination Policy: Saint Mark’s School is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, the presence of mental, physical, or sensory disability, sexual orientation, or any other basis prohibited by federal or state law.